CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Three Cubs!

My Three Cubs!
When we found out I was Pregnant Dustin asked if we could name our child after the Chicago Cubs. I laughed! When Gracie was born Mark Grace was so fitting for her. Beautiful Gracie. Not to mention the night she was born Mark Grace had one heck of a ball game. 2 Years later we had our Son. I struggled on what to name him. Randy said use a "D" name,” D-Hall just like his Dad". Tommy suggested the name Dawson. I loved the name Dawson immediately! Dawson-Andre Dawson that is. 2 years went by and we had another baby girl. I was having a name dilema because I didn't want to be restricted to a baseball roster. I loved the name Marlie and Ryan, Dustin suggested Ryne Sandburg! And there you have it Marlie Ryne Hall. Our Three Cubs!


I hope as soon as I get this first Blog posted I wont be so overwhelemed with creating a Blog...I hope! A few months ago I was at my Sweet friend Angi Pettersons house. She shared some of her Mom's diary with me. It really moved me! I have not stoped thinking about how neat it was that her Mother took the time to keep a journal. So, for my kids and my family this is my way to journal for you.


I could NOT be a surgeon!

November 12, 2008 My First Turkey!
I was putting some grocery's in my freezer yesterday and looked at the frozen Turkey that has been in my freezer for almost a year. I decided I should cook it and make some soup, pot pies etc. I was feeling bad that it has just been sitting in the freezer because I didn't know how to cook it. I got on the Internet...It tells you everything you need to know!

Today I'm cooking the Turkey. I thawed it yesterday in water and it was in the fridge overnight. I went to the store and got a oven bag and pan.

I cleaned out my sink and put the thing in there and started to cut the bag off! HOLY SH_T! It about came flying out of the package. Then I had to call Glenda to ask about the plastic stuff wrapped around its legs. I thought they needed to be cut out but it was so hard to get it off I was second guessing myself. (The Internet didn't mention the plastic tie-wrap stuff) Then I got all freaked out and couldn't touch the crap you are supposed to pull out of it. I used some tongs and it made it easier...Glenda told me the first time she cooked a turkey she left in the bag that has the gobbler thing and heart and blah, whatever is in there.

A few years I was going to cook one but I didn't know exactly what to do and my Mom came over and just did the whole thing for me. So this is "my" first time cooking a Turkey.

It's in the oven now. I'll let you know how it goes.
It's a little embarrassing that I'm 32 years old and I've never cooked a Turkey.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

DON'T FEEL BAD I HAVEN'T COOKED ONE:)SO GOOD LUCK !!I HOPE IT TURNS OUT GREAT:)

Keddington Chronicles said...

During my Mom's first turkey cooking experience, she washed it with soap. Needless to say, it got thrown in the garbage. You're off to a better start than that, so good luck. Hey, kind of funny, I cooked a turkey yesterday. If you just buy the breast, it comes on the bone, but without the legs and gizzard parts. I think that's what we'll do from now on.

The Truman's said...

I guess you will never be hosting Thanksgiving dinner :-)
I don't think I would attempt to cook a whole turkey, good for you! ...stick to the turkey breasts they are so much easier and no mess :-)