CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Three Cubs!

My Three Cubs!
When we found out I was Pregnant Dustin asked if we could name our child after the Chicago Cubs. I laughed! When Gracie was born Mark Grace was so fitting for her. Beautiful Gracie. Not to mention the night she was born Mark Grace had one heck of a ball game. 2 Years later we had our Son. I struggled on what to name him. Randy said use a "D" name,” D-Hall just like his Dad". Tommy suggested the name Dawson. I loved the name Dawson immediately! Dawson-Andre Dawson that is. 2 years went by and we had another baby girl. I was having a name dilema because I didn't want to be restricted to a baseball roster. I loved the name Marlie and Ryan, Dustin suggested Ryne Sandburg! And there you have it Marlie Ryne Hall. Our Three Cubs!


I hope as soon as I get this first Blog posted I wont be so overwhelemed with creating a Blog...I hope! A few months ago I was at my Sweet friend Angi Pettersons house. She shared some of her Mom's diary with me. It really moved me! I have not stoped thinking about how neat it was that her Mother took the time to keep a journal. So, for my kids and my family this is my way to journal for you.


Marlies Big Girl Bed


My Mom had a Yard sale this summer with Tori. I noticed this bench she had and I loved it. My Mom let me have it. I wanted to use it for a big girl bed for Marlie. Marlie's Crib turns into a Full size bed but she plays in her room so much I wanted to get her a twin size - more room for playing. I also wanted to do white furniture.

The bench sat in the garage for a couple weeks and Dustin wanted to take it to the Dumps. He wanted to go buy a bed and be done with it! We went to RC Willey and looked at a bunch of little girl beds. The bed I liked was $1,000.00... Dust. told me I could paint and put together the bed I had in mind. We did pick out a mattress while we were there.

I was now hoping it would turn out...I had something in my mind, but hoped it would look the same when I was done.This is what the bench looked like before I started. Me and the kids painted it, October weather was so nice. I also got a head board from my Mom. There was an old solid wood one at the shop.Marlie and Dawson both were my painting buddies. I found this old pair of PJ's for Dawson because the primer stains. I figured I could just throw the PJ's away when we were done.





GOOD BYE CRIB!
Mars was very excited and loved her bed. She was reading books on it the first night. I was so relieved it turned out. The darn thing ended up needing 3 coats of paint but its adorable!
I need to find some cute handles for the drawers. We found this comforter that has all these great pillows...This is exactly what I had in mind.
Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the walls and the rest of the room.

Oh, I put Marlie's Crib on KSL Classifieds and it sold within 2 hours. BONUS!


3 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

So cute!!! How creative you are!!! My Mom is really good at things like that. I really admire that trait because my brain doesn't work that way. It turned out very cute!!! I now have my blog set to inform me when blogging buddies make new posts, and congrats, you were the winner today. Read my sidebar "Moms in nursing school" and find out why I am so happy to have my friends do fun posts to keep me amused through writing careplans and studying for tests. By the way, how did your turkey turn out? -Angela-

Amy said...

DARLING!!!!!! How fun that she's in a big girl bed, HHHMMM, maybe I should get Mya even just in her crib and then think about a big girl bed. Man, I've got some work ahead of me. Marlie is darlin.

Mandy said...

You did a great job. Her bed turned out darling!!! I always have ideas I am going to do, but don't seem to ever get them done. I guess I need to bring them to your house instead.

I am always so excited when my stuff sells on KSL also. It feels good to get rid of things and make a little cash at the same time:)