CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Three Cubs!

My Three Cubs!
When we found out I was Pregnant Dustin asked if we could name our child after the Chicago Cubs. I laughed! When Gracie was born Mark Grace was so fitting for her. Beautiful Gracie. Not to mention the night she was born Mark Grace had one heck of a ball game. 2 Years later we had our Son. I struggled on what to name him. Randy said use a "D" name,” D-Hall just like his Dad". Tommy suggested the name Dawson. I loved the name Dawson immediately! Dawson-Andre Dawson that is. 2 years went by and we had another baby girl. I was having a name dilema because I didn't want to be restricted to a baseball roster. I loved the name Marlie and Ryan, Dustin suggested Ryne Sandburg! And there you have it Marlie Ryne Hall. Our Three Cubs!


I hope as soon as I get this first Blog posted I wont be so overwhelemed with creating a Blog...I hope! A few months ago I was at my Sweet friend Angi Pettersons house. She shared some of her Mom's diary with me. It really moved me! I have not stoped thinking about how neat it was that her Mother took the time to keep a journal. So, for my kids and my family this is my way to journal for you.


Broken Shoe - Dead Mouse - Locked Car...Good Times!

Yesterday I took Gracie and friends to school and then later Dawson to Kindergarten. Marlie and myself went grocery shopping...When I got home from the store there were three missed calls from the school. I ran to the machine and listened. The messages were a bunch of beeps...someone was trying to dial the phone number over the top of the recording. I called the school and the secretary told me a cute little boy with a short haircut was sick and had been trying to call home. Oh Dawson... She put me on hold and called the teacher...she came back on the line, Nope it wasn't Dawson. She then called Ms. Tanner, Gracie's teacher. Gracie's new shoe had broke. So I grabbed a couple pairs of shoes (never know if Gracie will approve) and me and Marlie took them up to the school. Gracie was so relieved!



Later that night...

My friend Angie called me and asked me if I wanted to go over to the Pre-school with her to help Marlie get her confidence up. YES! I did. Marlie is very much afraid of going to pre-school. Orientation freaked her out a little. Angie has been re-painting one of the walls in the pre-school to a NEMO theme. (No more 3 little pigs for those of you who went to Sandra Ahlquist pre-school) So we decided to paint and let the kids play in the pre-school. Now let me tell you, Sandra has mice as pets! Crazy! They scare me to death!!! I told the kids I was allergic to the mice and if they got near me Mommy would have to go to the Hospital in an ambulance! So after awhile they left me alone with them. But the kids took the THREE mice down to the play room and were playing with them...I was painting...Angie left to go to a temple recommend interview...After about an hour the kids had decided they wanted to go jump on the trampoline, they put the mice away. Sandra had explained to them that mice are nocturnal, so one sleeping was normal. Soon I hear a little girl crying like crazy. She was just sobbing crying. I thought someone got hurt on the trampoline.


One of Sandra's grand kids had found one dead! So the two grandsons went into the back yard and dug a hole and all the kids had a funeral. My kids were thinking this was the best things they had ever done. Dawson kept looking at me with that huge grin on his face. WOW! very exciting!


So if you know me, we got in the car to come home and this is me "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING! YOU ALL GO STRAIGHT INTO THE HOUSE AND WASH YOUR HANDS!"




The next day, Wednesday. I had taken Gracie and the girls to school in the morning. I was getting Dawson ready for PM Kindergarten. We had planned to walk...but Dawson was not in fast mode and by the time I washed the peanut butter off his face we were going to be lucky to DRIVE to school on time. So we rushed into the garage...The car was locked with the keys in it. I grabbed Marlie and put her in the stroller and told Dawson we got to RUN to school. We literally ran the entire way. He thought it was fun...He said "WE ARE LIKE SUPERHEROS" Just as the last kindergartner was going in the door we got there. I yelled to Dawson to grab the door...(the kindergarten door locks when it shuts, I didn't want to have to go in the front doors to the school and walk all the way around) He caught the door, whew! He yelled Luv Ya, smiled and went into school.


So, then I had to go home and figure out how to get into my car. After trying every option, the hanger, other peoples Dodge keys (it works you know. My neighbors Chevy SUV key opens Dustin's Chevy Truck door) etc. I called the dealership to find out how much it would cost to get a key made. They told me to call 1-877-Back U Up. I told them I didn't buy my car from that dealership, they said "It doesn't matter we hope to get your business next time" So, I called...within 15 min there was someone at my house and they unlocked the van door in 1 min. It was GREAT! IF any of you have a Dodge, remember this and call for FREE roadside assistance.


The rest of the day was very mild with the exception of my Gracie wanting to Battle with me over cleaning her room! Any suggestions on how to get a 7 year old girl to keep her room clean?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so cute! The kids are so adorable.

Keddington Chronicles said...

AMY!!!!!!! Hi!!!!! I am so glad you have a blog!!!!! I've been waiting for some more of my friends to join the blogging world. I think of you so often, and even though we live close to each other, life seems so busy that we kind of get stuck in our own little bubbles a lot. Anyway, I'm so glad that everything is happy and well for you guys!!! I want to chat. Maybe we should do lunch. Better yet, we should go somewhere when the guys can go too!!!! Comment on my blog, or e-mail me at adkeddin@hotmail.com and we'll have to stay in touch. Look SO forward to hearing from you!! :) -Angela-

Madi said...

Hey Amy....I'm glad you recovered from such an eventful day. Days like these are so lovely. It was fun running in to you and Dustin at the game!

Mindy said...

Yay Us for being part of 'Blogging World'. Can I add you on my blog? Let me know! Love to see all the fun things you guys do ... you have taken over your mom's job as 'the mommiest mommy in the world'. I'm always so impressed!